Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lost in Lyon

Helloooooo. Well we have a lot to catch up on. I´ve been writing everything down in our ¨world journal¨ so I´ll just give you the main idea on here. By the way, this is allyole.

After Prague we flew to Lyon, France for the day. We arrived but then realized we had no where to stash our backpacks. The airport didn´t have any luggage storage for us. So we trucked all of our stuff with us and finally found a place in the la gar in Lyon. We kept our frontbacks (my name for our ¨lil¨bags) with us and we found a place to eat in the main square. Johnny was mad because I got a hamburger, but I was hungry for some real food! He got some weird meat that wasn´t even cooked. After dinner we saw some trees off in the distance...aka our hotel for the night. These trees were under this huge church that overlooked the city. 7324897034987123 stairs later, we arrived. The sun was setting and we took some pics on the overlook. Pretty Pretty. We knew we had to scout out our camp groud before it got too dark, but late enough so no one would see us. Kinda like spies...right mom? We found this spot on the very steep hillside under the church and decided to hang out there...literally. We unpacked our hammocks for the first time and went to work while scaling the side of this hillside.

Well morning came and I slept for about 30 min total because I was pretty scared someone or something was going to find us. But we survived. We had to make it back to la gar by 7 to get our bags and make it back to the airport. We were kinda confused how to get out of there because it was still dark when we got up at 5. We were walking on this path and saw the main road...woohoo. oh wait, there was a security guard there. shoot. We stood in a shadow for a couple min (like spies), then realized he was unlocking the gate. Lucky for us this park opened around 5. So we started our descend downhill and grabed a bagguette on the way to la gar.

I hope we can come back here someday so you all can see where this all went down. But don´t forget to bring some bug spray because I woke up with 15 bugbites on my legs and some even on my face! Ew!

1 comment:

Matushka Myra said...

I'd love to re-visit the scene of the crime.
I think. Watch.
Affectueusement!
Mom